• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stallingborough Signal Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Established Member
A new signalbox is under construction at Stallingborough station between Grimsby and Haborough. The new brick structure will replace the GCR box situated on the other side of the manual gate level crossing.

The new box will control Stallingborough station and the immediate area.

Old Signal Box
P1010010.jpg

New Signal Box
905d8f24.jpg

More info coming soon (hopefully!)

Thanks

Jordy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tomnick

Established Member
Presumably the level crossing gates will be replaced with lifting barriers, and the (excessive number of!) semaphore signals replaced with colour light signals. Think it'll continue to work Absolute Block to adjacent boxes though, despite the aims to remove all AB in the next few years!

Jordy

Established Member
Tomnick said:
Presumably the level crossing gates will be replaced with lifting barriers, and the (excessive number of!) semaphore signals replaced with colour light signals. Think it'll continue to work Absolute Block to adjacent boxes though, despite the aims to remove all AB in the next few years!

I presume so yes. Will be a shame to see yet another set of old level crossing gates go :(

Jordy

Nick

Jordy said:
By LWR (Preserved Railway in Lincolnshire)

Jordy

Hmmmm, bears all the hallmarks of a MS&LR box, speifically taken into account its location (constructed before the company became the GCR).

Jordy

Established Member
Sorry to dig up such an old topic, but the new system is ready now, new barriers, colour lights and the signal box are in place, the semaphores, old signal box and crossing gates will be removed this weekend, with trains finishing at 1800 Saturday, when service resumes the new system will be in operation.

RIP Stallingorough Box

Jordy

JonG

According to a paperback book I have, ABC Signalboxes by Michael A. Vanns, Ian Allan, 1997, the old Stallingborough signal box is an MS&LR, MS&L2 design dating from 1884, and still had its original 20 lever frame (at the time of the publication of the above book anyway).

TomBoyRacer

I can remember partying in healing in my youth, but at the same time keeping an eye on the semaphores in stallingborough to let me know when a train was coming, you could see it a long way away. I can remember all the manual boxes in grimsby, now only west marsh remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.