• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stalybridge Queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of queries about traffic at Stalybridge today? Firstly, does anyone know where 67008 went to? It was heading East light engine around 14:05. It was in EWS livery, if that helps? Did not see it return before leaving at 19:26. Secondly, An unidentified 66 (also in EWS livery) passed through with VTA's just before 19:00. I have seen tanks, at Stalybridge before: but I'm intrigued to know, the destination? It was spotted in the loop, at Diggle, whilst I was on the 19:26 TPE (Unit 185 102) service to Leeds. Thanks for your help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Arriva158

Firstly - 67008 could have gone anywhere, could be heading to Toton for exam, could be running as an 0Z headcode due to no returning freight... anything is possible on the TPE route, i'd place a bet on a move to Warrington!
Secondly the VTA tanks would have most likely been the ex-Neville Hill tanks if the rake was short enough!

Firstly - 67008 could have gone anywhere, could be heading to Toton for exam, could be running as an 0Z headcode due to no returning freight... anything is possible on the TPE route, i'd place a bet on a move to Warrington!
Secondly the VTA tanks would have most likely been the ex-Neville Hill tanks if the rake was short enough!

If it was going to Warrington, It would surely go via Manchester Piccadilly? If heading for Toton, again it would go, in the opposite direction, via Hope Valley Line (as far as Sheffield); and then on to Toton?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Tanks would have been 6E72 Stalybridge to Immingham I think.

Thanks to wbbminerals & Freightmaster for this information. The destination makes sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.