• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stalybridge - Rugeley TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeni

Just a few routing questions regarding this SOR ticket if I may!

I understand this is valid via Maps CM+CN, so am I right in thinking the above ticket could be used
Stalybridge - Manchester - Crewe - Stoke - Derby - Leicester - Nuneaton - Birmingham - Rugeley TV?

So in theory, one could make an outward journey
(Start short) Manchester - Stoke - Derby - Leicester - Birmingham (stop short)
and return
(Start short) Birmingham - Stoke - Manchester (stop short)

I'm pretty sure that the return is valid, as I do that regularly on this ticket, it just seems unusual that it'd also be valid the long way round via Derby and Leicester, which potentially could be useful for me!

Sorry if it sound's silly me asking, I just want to check my understanding on things, rather than be caught out! I am in general looking at ways between Manchester and Brum as cheaply as possible, also giving options to places I also regularly haunt!

Edit: There are no SOR's from Manchester - Rugeley, hence using the origin of Stalybridge.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

All Line Rover

Established Member
Going via Wolverhampton and Birmingham is reasonable. Going via Derby and Leicester is not at all reasonable, so although this route is valid, I would not advise using it unless you don't mind running into just as many 'issues' with EMT as RJ does (see here).

Jeni

I've got no issues fighting my corner if challenged on a valid route, that I'm 100% certain is valid. Have already had a couple of arguments with Virgin ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.