• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Standard & Enhanced Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLENMAYE77

after trying for a few years I have been fortunate enough to sit the Stage 1 paper assessments for a trainee Driver. All the talk has been about enhanced passes and the National standard.

Does anyone have an idea of which companies use which level of pass??

(Primarily looking at TOC’s/FOC’s in the North West area)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4F89

Freightliner are definitely enhanced, as told to us at stage 1, but what that means relative to anything, who knows?

GLENMAYE77

I was talking to the lady after those stage 1 Freightliner tests and she was saying that Freightliner were enhanced but that others used the national standard.

Just wondered if anyone knew what others tested too as we could fail the Freightliner standard but have passed for others

SAlty

Pretty sure Northern are standard, with Transpennine, Arriva and East Midlands being enhanced. However, on speaking to OPC they have said that 'enhanced' pass marks all vary depending on the TOC.

Cyclist

Virgin West Coast told me they use the harshest enhanced pass in the industry

Status
Not open for further replies.