• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Standard units for railway installs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alxndr

Established Member
Not North of the border they aren't. WAGOs are all but banned and every spec has a clause that 2BA are to be used, I think after a previous bad experience with them.
I'm even more tempted to move up there now then! Fed up of faults boiling down to the terrible design of WAGOs.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Committee man

Not North of the border they aren't. WAGOs are all but banned and every spec has a clause that 2BA are to be used, I think after a previous bad experience with them.
Glad to hear it. I've finished now but up to that point pretty much everyone hated WAGO links. Seemed to be change for change sake, like the rest of the railway I suppose. Some trendy (expensive) product sold to some 'manager' who never had to deal with them no doubt.

John Webb

Established Member
Sorry if it's a little off-topic, but what on earth are WAGO links? (I must admit I was surprised on erecting some LED signals a couple of years back to find they still had 2BA studs!)

eMeS

Sorry if it's a little off-topic, but what on earth are WAGO links? (I must admit I was surprised on erecting some LED signals a couple of years back to find they still had 2BA studs!)
I too had to do a search for WAGO. Seems like they're the latest, simplest method of doing an electrical wiring connection - according to the page I found... and it was selling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.