• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Standing in First Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

life210

Too often, On my way from Newcastle to Leeds with Cross country on a Friday evening, it is pot luck if a single set or double set comes.

By the time we get into Leeds, the platform is heaving, however generally it is ok if there is a double set. With a single set however, I can imagine many will be standing, even in first class. Surely this defeats the object of first class? are passenger on such services eligible for a refund?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cf111

Established Member
Technically no, as your ticket entitles you to be conveyed from A-B, but not a seat.

table38

Established Member
Always worth writing to customer services if it does happen. I scored a full refund when I pointed out to TPx that if I'd wanted to stand, I could have saved money and stood in standard class :)

route:oxford

Established Member
Always worth writing to customer services if it does happen. I scored a full refund when I pointed out to TPx that if I'd wanted to stand, I could have saved money and stood in standard class :)

They are usually quite sympathetic to complaints about lack of seats in first class.

Status
Not open for further replies.