Stansted Airport to Liverpool Street

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by tgsh2011, 27 Nov 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgsh2011

tgsh2011 Member

I will be travelling from Stansted Airport to London Liverpool Street on Wednesday 30 November with a 16-25 R/C. Travelling around 4pm. I am getting £13.85 anytime single. Can anyone recommend any splits, starting short etc. Or is that the best price?

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. bb21

bb21 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

An Anytime Day Single from Stansted Mountfitchet is only £9.30, so splitting there is a start. Stansted Airport - Stansted Mountfitchet is £2.

Furthermore, Stansted Airport - Elsenham is valid via Stansted Mountfitchet and is only £1.60.

4. DJ737

DJ737 Member

G'day

Elsenham to Liverpool St. is valid via Stansted Airport for the same £9.30 fare.

Cheers
    DJ737
    Melbourne, Australia

5. jopsuk

jopsuk Veteran Member

I'm surprised they still haven't come up with a restriction to prevent that.

6. yorkie

yorkie Administrator Staff Member Administrator

They can't really.

All tickets in the Anytime category allow break of journey, which includes starting/finishing short.

It's like the Gatwick Express, the Stansted Express brand (neither are TOCs) is designed to extract as much money out of unsuspecting tourists/holidaymakers as possible. But people who know their rights can get ways round it (e.g. Elsenham to Liverpool St on Stansted Express, or Southern Only tickets on Gatwick Express)

7. Indigo2

Indigo2 Established Member

They could get rid of Stansted routeing group though. It is a relatively recent invention (i.e. in the last few years) I think - the Elsenham ticket wasn't valid before that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.