• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stansted Airport to Liverpool Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgsh2011

I will be travelling from Stansted Airport to London Liverpool Street on Wednesday 30 November with a 16-25 R/C. Travelling around 4pm. I am getting £13.85 anytime single. Can anyone recommend any splits, starting short etc. Or is that the best price?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
An Anytime Day Single from Stansted Mountfitchet is only £9.30, so splitting there is a start. Stansted Airport - Stansted Mountfitchet is £2.

Furthermore, Stansted Airport - Elsenham is valid via Stansted Mountfitchet and is only £1.60.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
I'm surprised they still haven't come up with a restriction to prevent that.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm surprised they still haven't come up with a restriction to prevent that.
They can't really.

All tickets in the Anytime category allow break of journey, which includes starting/finishing short.

It's like the Gatwick Express, the Stansted Express brand (neither are TOCs) is designed to extract as much money out of unsuspecting tourists/holidaymakers as possible. But people who know their rights can get ways round it (e.g. Elsenham to Liverpool St on Stansted Express, or Southern Only tickets on Gatwick Express)

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
They could get rid of Stansted routeing group though. It is a relatively recent invention (i.e. in the last few years) I think - the Elsenham ticket wasn't valid before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.