• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stansted express is diverted and I’m confused about my ticket validity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denzo

I’ve been away this weekend, flying from Stansted, and I took the Stansted express to the airport on Friday.

I bought an open return with my 16-25 railcard from Tottenham Hale to the airport but I’ve just realised that there’s a service alteration tonight with the late night trains calling at Seven Sisters instead of Tottenham Hale.

My flight doesn’t get in until 11pm so I’ll be travelling on one of the last services of the night. I’m just wondering if it’s valid for me to travel to Seven Sisters, and count it as a broken return journey with a Victoria Line connection to Tottenham Hale? (Although in practice the connection won’t take place as both stations are equally walking distance to my flat)

I really don’t want to have to splash out for a new ticket or a penalty fare but I feel I have a solid argument here.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

plcd1

I wouldn't worry. Seven Sisters is the "replacement" stop for T Hale when services are diverted. Your ticket would be accepted without issue at Seven Sisters - after all you can't force the train to go to Tottenham Hale because there are engineering works preventing trains reaching there! There are also no replacement bus services either so that's not an option. The LU staff at Seven Sisters (LU run the station as I'm sure you know) will be very used to handling people on diverted Greater Anglia services.

Status
Not open for further replies.