• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Starting Short / Double Back using a Season Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomsy47

Hello. I'm looking for some advice on validity of a season ticket.

I commute daily between two large cities and hold an annual season ticket. Along the route, there is a small commuter station just outside of my origin station. A season ticket from this smaller station to my destination is almost £180 cheaper per year. Looking at National Rail Enquiries, a ticket from this smaller station to my destination is valid by travelling to my origin station (i.e. in the opposite direction), and then doubling back on a non-stop train (the same train I catch at the moment).

Am I able to buy this cheaper season ticket and start my journey ‘short’ at my origin station (even though it is further away from the destination)?

Sorry to be cryptic but I didn’t want to mention the specific locations in case this gave away a ticket anomaly. If the above is a load of nonsense, let me know I’ll try to explain better (or PM the actual stations in question).

Many Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.