• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Statesman Rail Cancellations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan125hst

Established Member
According to Railway Herald, all Statesman Rail tours in June, July, August and September have been cancelled. The only ones showing on there website are weekend breaks in October. The Fellsman has already been cancelled this year due to the landslip on the Settle and Carlisle. It seems strange that so many tours have been cancelled, around 15 in all I believe. I can understand the odd one being cancelled due to engineering works, unavailability of a loco etc. But they've cancelled there entire summer season now which doesn't look good at all.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CosherB

Established Member
I heard that they have sold the stock to Jeremy Hoskin

That's what I've read too. Hosking has bought all of the carriages but not the Statesman Rail business, which is looking to continue (in some form) by hiring in stock.

ryan125hst

Established Member
It's strange that they have sold the stock. I thought Jeremy had purchased stock from Riviera Trains, but he might have bought coaches from Statesman Rail as well.

Do you think Statesman Rail will be hiring the coaches off Jeremy for their tours?

Also, does this affect the steam rake (the one used for The Fellsman) or the air con Mark 2 rake used on the diesel hauled services?

Status
Not open for further replies.