• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Statford Intl HS1 Oyster PAYG

Status
Not open for further replies.

leytongabriel

Somebody mentioned in passing on another thread that it had been announced that PAYG Oyster would be introduced to Statford Intl on HS1.
Can anyone confirm / elaborate please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I don't know when but I believe it will be introduced at some point.

Stratford International won't become part of the Zones however to although you'll be able to use Oyster it'll be PAYG only with the same expensive fares as now.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
It was certainly mentioned as a future intention in the Southeastern direct award DfT announcement, back in September:

a commitment to work with TfL to roll out Oyster acceptance to Dartford and Swanley, and to introduce Oyster on the high speed service between St Pancras and Stratford International

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-deal-to-boost-rail-services-in-london-and-the-south-east

However there was no target date given then, and I haven't heard of a date being confirmed since...

Status
Not open for further replies.