• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station Anagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Hi guys,

Was just thinking of a new game that requires thought. Following the rather bitter anti-quiz forum rant last week, many forum users stated their desire to have more quizzes that require thought. So here is one: THE ANAGRAM QUIZ.

I say a station, with the letters jumbled up. First person to pick out the station takes the next go.

GO!

The first station is:

SYRUTR

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
Um... not exactly. It does begin with C though.

But apparently Conconal East fits? Is that a former station or something, or just a random choice...?

Ivo

Established Member
I don't know :| It's not exactly a major station, but it does regularly exceed 1,000,000 uses per annum and is in a town of more than one station.

I have no idea how it became "EUSTONDEATHS" though! And allowing for the station's name having precisely two words in its name - another clue - it could even be "EUSTON DEATHS"!

Actually, looking carefully, it's not as hard as it could be. It's still almost certainly the best one I've ever come up with though.

Eagle

Established Member
Shouldn't need a computer Eagle ;)

I prefer anagrams that are made of a grammatical sequence of words, rather than an arbitrary jumble of letters. And that's easier done with a computer.

(And just to make it clear I'm not using one to solve them, just to generate new ones.)

Status
Not open for further replies.