• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station association

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

High Dyke

Established Member
Kent House has also been affected by an IRA bomb. It was detonated on a train from Victoria to Ramsgate. A warning had been given and everybody was safely evacuated before the explosion but the damage to the carriage was considerable.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Yes I know you can’t copy the reason so I did the SWR 45x stock as my reason, the fact that it is another racecourse is just a coincidence

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
I hate to tell you this, after such a well-composed posting, but this is the Station Association Quiz...NOT the Settlement Association Quiz.

Whoops .... and I thought that I was doing so well with it and all! So, let's try this one:

The English surveyor and architect Thomas Mainwaring Penson (1818–64) was the designer of the original Church Stretton station building. He was also responsible for designing the station building at Gobowen, which is still in use today.

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
Barmouth also has a booking office which is independently run as is the booking office at Gobowen run by Severn Dee Travel

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Barmouth is the station at the northern end of the Barmouth Viaduct; Morfa Mawddach is the next station going south.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Ravenglass is located at the estuary of three rivers: the Esk, Mite and Irt. The hamlet of Saltcoats lies north of the River Mite.

Station association? Wrong Saltcoats.

Darn it ... sorry, wrong topic again!

Sorry, let's try this: Twelve trains per weekday in each direction call at Ravenglass station (roughly every hour, albeit with longer gaps in the afternoon), although one northbound train terminates at Sellafield station rather than running through to Carlisle.