• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station association

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

py_megapixel

Established Member
Newcastle station is occasionally referred to as Newcastle Central. In the same way, Edinburgh is sometimes referred to as Edinburgh Waverley. In both cases National Rail Enquiries treats the stations without their second words.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Manor Road station is also tended and cared for by the Edible Wirral Partnership, which grows fresh fruits and vegetables on the station's platforms.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Although it does not include the word "Airport" in it's title, Valley station on Anglesey serves the airport of the same name.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I say a station and the person below would say another station that has something in common with it. It doesn't have to be unique, but try and make it as different as possible and please ensure that all associations are rail related: a separate game exists for non rail related links.

Does the quote above showing an extract of the quiz rules help matters?

py_megapixel

Established Member
Does the quote above showing an extract of the quiz rules help matters?
I'm very happy to change it, or not, as others see fit. I can see arguments on both sides.

If you want it changed
(I will be on a wifi-less train before long): Carlton also has two staggered platforms.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused

Last edited:

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
From Bingham, there is generally an hourly service daily westbound to Nottingham and eastbound towards Grantham and Skegness. Another station served by these services is Heckington.