• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station association

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A Challenge

Established Member
I'd have thought not - though they are both not run bey a company that provides any of the rail services at that station

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
I must admit that I thought it was, but if the consensus is that it isn't, here's another option:

The North Concourse at Leeds was designed by William Henry Hamlyn, the Chief Architect of the LMS. He was also responsible for the design of Apsley station in 1938.

Springs Branch

Established Member
Bethnal Green is another National Rail station sharing its name with a London Underground station, but where the two stations are some distance apart (i.e. transferring between them involves a walk along local streets)

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
The original station at Turkey Street (then known as Forty Hill) closed in 1919. It opened as Turkey Street in 1960; another station to open in 1960 was Golf Street.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Invershin and Culrain stations are extremely close to each other, and have been described as the two closest railway stations in the UK. They are separated only by the Shin Viaduct, which carries the railway over the Kyle of Sutherland.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Occasional Northern local services operating to and from Chathill also call at Alnmouth - currently these consist of one morning and one evening train in each direction (except Sundays).

SteveyBee131

Chathill is the furthest North that Northern Rail trains operate in service. Stoke-on-Trent is the furthest point to the South that this operator runs.