• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station association

Springs Branch

Established Member
South Ruislip has gone through several changes to its name. It opened as Northolt Junction, became South Ruislip & Northolt Junction in 1932 and finally South Ruislip in 1947.

A similar series of re-naming occurred in Lancashire at the original Newburgh, which later became Parbold for Newburgh and finally today's Parbold.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Thurgarton was opened by the Midland Railway on 3rd August 1846. The contractors for the line were Craven and Son of Newark and Nottingham; the station buildings are in the Neo-Tudor style and were probably designed by Thomas Chambers Hine. In the mid 1850s, he designed several stations for the Great Northern Railway; one of these was Elton and Orston.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Waungron Park station in Cardiff also contains the word "Park" in the title; however, unlike Grange Park station, there is a green space bearing the name of the station nearby.

(I hope that this is okay ... let me know if it's not.)

SteveyBee131

Just as Waungron Park was served by 153’s, Clock House was also well-served by other Leyland Bus products—i.e. Nationals.
Is that entirely rail related? I note that Clock House is in the Southern region, so the Nationals referred to are surely the road going kind

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I say a station and the person below would say another station that has something in common with it. It doesn't have to be unique, but try and make it as different as possible and please ensure that all associations are rail related: a separate game exists for non rail related links.
I wonder if this extract from the very first posting on the thread might assist with the query raised.

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I guess it’ll be a precedent—it’s not common to have partially rail-related associations here!
Let's change this to a wholly rail-related association, please.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Opened in 1906 as "Bedhampton Halt", the station was at first staffed separately but in the late 1940s it came under the control of Havant; since then it has been staffed on a part time basis.