• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station association

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Lytham station was host to five LMS Caravans (Camping Coaches to you and me!) in 1935, eight from 1936 to 1938 and thirteen in 1939. The nearby station at Squires Gate was host to 12 Caravans in 1937 and 1938, followed by 17 in 1939.

LUYMun

The Victoria line serves Vauxhall as part of the extension to Brixton, opening in 1971, which came after the opening of the main route to Victoria.

nw1

Established Member
Henley-in-Arden is also a DfT category F1 station that was opened in 1908.

According to the 1984 Rail Atlas of Great Britain, the line south of there was scheduled for closure. Never happened. But could one also suggest Long Preston (disclaimer: had to look it up, I thought it was Hellifield) as a station immediately adjacent to a section of line proposed to be closed in the 80s, but which never happened?

Springs Branch

Established Member
The Waverley (until 1969 an express train between St Pancras and Edinburgh via the Midland and Waverley routes) passed non-stop through a number of wayside stations along its route.
Amongst these stations were Gargrave and Stow.
(on the re-opened Borders Railway, and one of the few stations on that line rebuilt on its original site)

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
South Gyle station is also on the Edinburgh Crossrail, which preceded the reopening of the Borders Railway.

Springs Branch

Established Member
Travelling on the Borderlands Line from Shotton, the next stations in either direction have very similar names - Hawarden or Hawarden Bridge.

On London Overground's South London Line, a similar thing applies (Clapham High Street or Clapham Junction) travelling from Wandsworth Road.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
I once had a lift (although I could have travelled by train if the times had been right - they weren't!) from Duffryn Arduddwy to Caersws; I did then travel onto Newtown by train, though.