• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station association

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Both Aylesham and Adisham stations have a car park, but neither of them have bicycle parking facilities.

Last edited:

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Birchington-on-Sea is also an unstaffed station on the Chatham Main Line, albeit on the Ramsgate Branch.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
There is currently only limited access to Herne Bay station, with currently no step free access to Platform 1. However, in October 2021, approval was given to construct a footbridge with lifts that will enable step-free access to both platforms. Whilst this is being built, passengers are recommended to travel via Faversham, where step free access from the subway to all platforms is now available via lifts.

D6130

Established Member
Staplehurst is another station on the South Eastern Main Line which was the scene of a major accident, but in this case more than a hundred years earlier.

Springs Branch

Established Member
Two-platform stations with staggered platforms usually occur where there is a busy level crossing directly adjacent.
However a couple of examples with staggered platforms but no road crossing are Pluckley and Ribblehead.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Stockport is one of the termini of the Stockport to Stalybridge Line. The line only has two services, one each way, on Saturday mornings; one of the stations that these trains call at is at Reddish South.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
The curve between Birkbeck and Crystal Palace also used to have, quite briefly, service on Saturdays only, during a strike a few years ago.
The previous posting to yours concerns Reddish South and I am finding it a tad difficult to see an association between Reddish South and what is stated above based on normal timetabled service patterns.

M-Train

From Coruscant-upon-Pearl to North Acton....
The previous posting to yours concerns Reddish South and I am finding it a tad difficult to see an association between Reddish South and what is stated above based on normal timetabled service patterns.
I should clarify that this arrangement on the Southern Beckenham Jn service was a temporary one--perhaps I should have made that clear in the association! (I have edited the original post.)