• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station association

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Cambridge Heath station was also closed during the First World War as a wartime economy measure (from 22nd May 1916 to 5th May 1919).

Springs Branch

Established Member
Aberdour is a station on the Fife Circle route and until quite recently was served by several weekday trains formed of Locomotive Hauled Coaching Stock (LHCS).

Another station which was served by a limited number of local LHCS trains per day (also on account of shortages of suitable DMUs) was Whitehaven.

Springs Branch

Established Member
Wigan Wallgate opened on its present site in 1855 - having re-located from the station's original site a little to the west.
Spooner Row also opened in the year 1855 - having been closed for a period of eight years from 1847 by its original owner, the Norfolk Railway.

A Challenge

Established Member
Shippea Hill is another station on the Breckland Line with less than 100 passengers in the 2020/21 usage period.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Samuel Green was the Station Master at Luton between 1884 and 1910, having previously had the same job at Colne.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Hadfield is one of the twin termini at the Derbyshire end of the Manchester to Glossop Line, the other (unsurprisingly) being Glossop.

Springs Branch

Established Member
Glossop station was formerly known as Glossop Central, with the suffix 'rationalised' in 1974 (according to Wiki).

Another station now known simply by the town's name, but which also was once a Central is Scarborough.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Prior to becoming the Station Master at Scarborough in 1948, Mr Ernest Brooks had had the same post at Manors and Jesmond stations.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Widdrington is also a station on the East Coast Main Line which is not served by the primary long distance operator, i.e. the London North Eastern Railway.