• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station Disassociation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
Sorry, I just wanted to try a new quiz! Has been a while :oops:

Essentially, this follows the rules of the longstanding Station Association game started by Mojo many moons ago. However, there is one key difference. You have to name a station that you would expect to be associated with the former entry for any given reason, but surprisingly is not.

Allow me to demonstrate.

Person X says Gatwick Airport (which I seem to remember bneing Mojo's example? :lol:). An obvious answer would be Stansted Airport, because it apparently has a non-stop Express service to London as with Gatwick... but er, it doesn't. The "Express" typically stops at two of Bishop's Stortford, Harlow Town and Tottenham Hale, whereas Gatwick Express services are non-stop to Victoria.

Person Y thus says Stansted Airport. An answer here could be Leeds, because you would think that all services originating at Leeds that are bound for London are electric, as at Stansted, but in practice even some East Coast services - never mind the EMT offering(s) - are HSTs.

Person Z thus says Leeds - and with that, can anyone continue...?

Once again, you have to think of a station that should have something interesting in common with the previous one, but in practice said "interesting thing" is not true.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Southend airport has an electric service entirely operated by 321's between there and london like leeds to doncaster. (Have i got the idea?)

Ivo

Established Member
Southend airport has an electric service entirely operated by 321's between there and london like leeds to doncaster. (Have i got the idea?)

Hoxton—you'd think it'd've opened behind schedule like everything does (and SIA did), but it was actually a couple of months early.

Sounds like you've got the idea. Curse you for choosing SIA first! Lovely station though; I must have spent three hours there on opening day. Too bad I had no money for food <( However, with SIA, I assume you include this because it *should* have only 321s, but actually has a few 315s?

From Hoxton, I'll go for nearby Essex Road. Hoxton was built on a viaduct. You would think the same would be true of Essex Road as well, but its history as an LUL route dictates otherwise!

Sounds like you've got the idea. Curse you for choosing SIA first! Lovely station though; I must have spent three hours there on opening day. Too bad I had no money for food <( However, with SIA, I assume you include this because it *should* have only 321s, but actually has a few 315s?

From Hoxton, I'll go for nearby Essex Road. Hoxton was built on a viaduct. You would think the same would be true of Essex Road as well, but its history as an LUL route dictates otherwise!

I did and leeds to doncaster should only have 321's but has some 158's aswell.

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
Doncaster has a XC service stopping there, unlike Stourbridge Junction where it passes through

MK Tom

Established Member
Stourbridge Junction is having its London Midland sprinters replaced whilst Woburn Sands isn't much to my annoyance.

sonic2009

Established Member
Tomonthetrain:839835 said:
Woburn Sands not having a Sunday Service unlike Stourbridge Town

Stourbridge Town has a Regular service unlike Reddish North

gnolife

Established Member
Most people have heard of Paddington. Not many people will have heard of Altnabreac

MK Tom

Established Member
Altnabreac has a really weird name unlike Swindon.

gnolife beat me but I'm leaving this here for laughs.

Paddington has wires in it whilst Marylebone is the only London terminal not to be electrified.

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
Rugeley has a Service to Birmingham Moor Street, unlike Old Hill which goes to Birmingham Moor Street

MK Tom

Established Member
Old Hill is getting served by new class 172s unlike Aylesbury, which we all thought was going to be for a while.

MK Tom

Established Member
I'm trying to think of how a Marylebone-Edinburgh service would work...

Haymarket is getting a tram stop, unlike London Euston which would have under the Cross River scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.