• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station Facts Journey Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Springs Branch

Established Member
Southend Central is the busiest of the four stations which have "Southend" in their name, with 3.45 million entries and exits in the 2018/19 year (the last "normal" year before you-know-what).

Gloster

Established Member
Chalkwell is the nearest station to the Essex Yacht Club, which has as its Headquarters ship the former HMS Wilton, the world’s first glass-reinforced fibre warship.

Springs Branch

Established Member
Benfleet station, sometimes known as Benfleet for Canvey Island, serves the reclaimed mudflats known as Canvey Island.
In the 1850s Canvey Island was known as a hotbed of bare-knuckle boxing, including, allegedly, some bouts arising from local family feuds.

Gloster

Established Member
Pitsea was the site of two fatal accidents in 1961. (One was a short way along the line towards Laindon.)

A Challenge

Established Member
The village of North Ockendon is the only settlement in Greater London to be located outside the M25

Springs Branch

Established Member
Ilford was the location of Ilford Limited, a company manufacturing photographic materials and chemicals, until it relocated to Cheshire in the late 20th Century.

[QUERY] As we're approaching London, I assume an implied rule of this game is that we must stick to National Rail routes and cannot use Underground, DLR (or Light Rail systems when in other cities)?

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
[QUERY] As we're approaching London, I assume an implied rule of this game is that we must stick to National Rail routes and cannot use Underground, DLR (or Light Rail systems when in other cities)?
Since the rules in the first posting of the thread do not clarify the matter in your query, I have sent a message to the forum quizmaster team.

Snow1964

Established Member
Manor Park is location of the huge City of London cemetery

(continuing towards Richmond pending clarity on if need to stay on National Rail)

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Hi guys,

To clarify here we generally apply NR only unless otherwise specified so it will be NR only here (so presumably overground from Stratford).

Thanks

Snow1964

Established Member
Maryland station opened in 1873 as Maryland Point, point was dropped in 1940 and it is rumoured to have done to show solidarity with Maryland, USA when UK needed help from America during the war.

Status
Not open for further replies.