• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station fails to open on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Table 52

I've heard of people being locked IN a station before when the last train runs late. But never locked out!

AJP

Thats reminds me once I was at Bridlington catching the 1st train out, the doors only opened 2 mins before train departed :shock:

Bighat

Thats reminds me once I was at Bridlington catching the 1st train out, the doors only opened 2 mins before train departed :shock:

Serves you right for being at Brid at such an unholy hour. If i was a Brid, I would have left the previous day!

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator

This often happens on Northern trains out of Hull - just for the guard/driver to have another cup of coffee or an actual 'excuse'? ;)

class 313

Established Member
Worker - Sorry to say but 6 cinder blocks have gone missing

Boss - *sigh* the station wont be finished now

(Anyone who watches simpsons will know that when homer goes back to collage)

devon_metro

Established Member
When is that episode on :p..

Been halloween specials on C4 nd a random epsiode last week.

asopu10

I rember that episod, hehe, I heard about this thing a while ago. My station has no gates to close the platforms off thankfully, because its not uncommon for them to not open the ticket office when its supposed to be open. My local station is also run by central.

Craig

Established Member
I've never been locked out of a station, but I've been locked in one a couple of times.

At Newcastle they lock the doors between about 00:00 about 04:15, opening them for trains between these times. A few times when I've been on a late train in from London the doors have been shut with no staff around. Luckily so far I've always been able to find a cleaner or someone to let me out.

theblackwatch

Established Member
I remember a Pathfinder tour in the 90s which started at Manchester at 04.xx and picked up at Wilmslow - those people who joined there had to scale a fence to get on to the platform as the station was all locked up!

Status
Not open for further replies.