• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station information app/website help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hb06_

I've recently started building a database of train station information on Google sheets, which I plan to convert to an app and website for railway enthusiasts to find out information about railway stations, and trainspotters to get more info on the non-stopping services that pass through without having to rely on Real Time Trains or Google Maps.

It is totally crowd-sourced and isn't going to make a profit, so you are basically volunteering. More info can be found on the Help for editors page of the database.

If you have any feature requests or requests for new columns, you can post a reply here, join our Discord server (which isn't only for project chat, also off-topic) or email me.

Thanks to anyone who decide to even just add one or two station properties. Every little helps.

You can access and edit our database here. (I do have backups)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trainmania100

Established Member
I think you also need a column for gate line as well. IE stations which have ticket gates and ones which don't.
I like to just walk into a station to see something , for I am not usually there all day, I see what I want to see and then go. But sometimes explaining that you want to do spotting or photography/videography at a station to a temporarily recruited staff as opposed to someone who actually knows what is permitted and what isn't, can be somewhat challenging, especially if you're in a rush to make that special train

Murray J

I think you also need a column for gate line as well. IE stations which have ticket gates and ones which don't.
I like to just walk into a station to see something , for I am not usually there all day, I see what I want to see and then go. But sometimes explaining that you want to do spotting or photography/videography at a station to a temporarily recruited staff as opposed to someone who actually knows what is permitted and what isn't, can be somewhat challenging, especially if you're in a rush to make that special train.
Agreed, speaking of which does anyone know of a place to find information on ticket barriers at stations?

Status
Not open for further replies.