• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station Names on Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Many years ago I started collecting tickets from each station on the Underground. I managed to buy one from each station (even managed Blake Hall!) but it's occured to me that there have been a few additions to the network since then (JLE, Wood Lane), so I need to add these to my collection. My question is, do the single journey tickets issued nowadays have the name of the issuing station printed on the front or are they just a generic 'zone number' thingy?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NSE

Established Member
Its a sign of the times to say I don't have a clue, as I have not used one in the last ten years, and in all honesty, don't even think I have ever.
Come to think of it I don't even think I've seen one in as long either.

I wouldn't be surprised if its just zones.

Dstock7080

Established Member
Yes, single journey tickets still display the station of origin under the fare.

Remember you will need deep pockets as the Adult single minimum cash fare is £4.30.

Last edited:

steamybrian

Established Member
Yes- I also collect tickets.
I suppose the most rare Underground station ticket I have is from Mill Hill (The Hale) the station that was partly built but never opened then subsequently abandoned.

Many thanks for the info. You're right about the deep pockets, most of mine cost me about 6p as Priv singles in the late 70's!

Eagle

Established Member
Yes- I also collect tickets.
I suppose the most rare Underground station ticket I have is from Mill Hill (The Hale) the station that was partly built but never opened then subsequently abandoned.

Wasn't that a perma-bustitution station (kind of like Watford West is today)?

Daniel

Established Member
Many thanks for the info. You're right about the deep pockets, most of mine cost me about 6p as Priv singles in the late 70's!

You may find it useful to know that Platform tickets can still be purchased on LU for £1. Ticket offices are the easiest places to get them, they are available on the large touch screen ticket machines, but only when child tickets are enabled on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.