• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station platforms, it's gone too far, it's crossed a red line (literally)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Smith

Ah, Cones. That magical force field that will utterly baffle (pun intended) the turbulence of an HGV.
Because nobody has ever broken such a limit (1) under Motorway Gantries or (2) after being held up for 2 hours.
Bearing in mind the number of coppers there, and the fact it was a Smart motorway with cameras nobody would be breaking the 30mph limit, believe me.
Not that I am in favour of "smart" motorways as they are presently set up. Personally I think if all lanes (incl the hard shoulder) are in use there should be an enforced 50moh limit, because, err, I do know something about risk probability and driving is dangerous. Standing on the edge of a platform with a 30moh (or less) limit is not, relatively speaking of course.

So the family should forgo justice, and a dangerous driver get off scot-free because other people are missing meetings?
Have you never heard of cameras and tape measures ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

zwk500

Veteran Member
Bearing in mind the number of coppers there, and the fact it was a Smart motorway with cameras nobody would be breaking the 30mph limit, believe me.
My experience of driving on Smart motorways is that a sizeable minority of people will completely ignore the speed limit as long as there is no car within 5ft in front of them. I've drive M1-M25-M23 enough times to be confident in this expectation.
Not that I am in favour of "smart" motorways as they are presently set up. Personally I think if all lanes (incl the hard shoulder) are in use there should be an enforced 50moh limit, because, err, I do know something about risk probability and driving is dangerous. Standing on the edge of a platform with a 30moh (or less) limit is not, relatively speaking of course.
The risk to one's self is different to the overall risk of an activity to the public at large. You clearly do not give 2 hoots about anybody else, so I take your statement that you 'know something about risk probability' with a pinch of salt.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
As we seem to have moved well away from the area of station platforms, its time to bring this one to a close.

thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.