• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stations for Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Is woking a good station I no 455s are stabled and terminate there most fast stop any word if bob will be there tomorrow? :toothy8:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Desiros like theres no tommorow and yes often 73109 to make it sound more appealing. :lol:

Nathan I went there over a month ago there was no bob but plenty disatros and 455s!

jonb

Established Member
I'd recommend Tamworth High Level - Only been there a few times myself however seemed pretty good. As for running up and down the stairs i'd say stick to the high level as there are moves often from Derby - Lougborough Brush and stock moves to the South West.

Regarding Nuneaton i'd say Tamworth is better as most freights use the avoiding line which IIRC runs across ona higher level next to the station.

Hope this helps!

Mintona

Established Member
Nah, Nuneaton all the way for me. I can't be bothered with all the running up and down, and it's not an avoider at Nunny, it's just the line from Birmingham to Leicester which happens to meet at Nuneaton. A bit like Tamworth with crossing lines, but it's all phottable from the main bit.
Was in Nunny yesterday, you can have a look at some pics if you want here:
http://www.alistairtrainfanman3103.fotopic.net/c1247919.html

thefab444

Established Member
Prefer Rugby myself, never tried Tamworth, and people had got all the good spots at Nuneaton and I found it crap for photting.

martyn29

Nah, Nuneaton all the way for me. I can't be bothered with all the running up and down, and it's not an avoider at Nunny, it's just the line from Birmingham to Leicester which happens to meet at Nuneaton. A bit like Tamworth with crossing lines, but it's all phottable from the main bit.
Was in Nunny yesterday, you can have a look at some pics if you want here:
http://www.alistairtrainfanman3103.fotopic.net/c1247919.html

thanks they are really great photos! Will see how I get on!

Status
Not open for further replies.