• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJP

'At major stations please inform the Duty Station Manager of your presence. This will ensure that station staff are aware that you are on the station and they can go about their duties without concern as to your reasons for being there. At smaller stations you should ensure that you advise a member of the station staff of your activities.

You may require a platform ticket to allow access to platforms.'

yd6omj.jpg

Im sure the duty manager will be pleased to see all these enthusiasts at his door :roll:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ben

Ah But the Duty Manager would already be Aware of the Special Working and to Expect excess Enthusiasts :)

AJP

Fair enough, but at Doncaster there are 30+ enthusiasts when nothing speical is coming :roll:

Ben

AJP said:
Fair enough, but at Doncaster there are 30+ enthusiasts when nothing speical is coming :roll:

Well the DM should know its a Freight Hotspot ;)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
well, firstly the guidelines for enthusiasts are exactly what they say, and nothing more than that. They're not rules or laws, so you are not in any way legally bound by them.

Also it says "for enthusiasts", there is no such requirement for passengers, so if you have a valid ticket and decide to take some photos while changing trains, then it's daft to suggest you should ask permission first.

I can understand that permission may be required if you did not have a ticket, to gain access to the platforms.

But, at the end of the day, they are just guidelines, and (as far as I am aware) only available online to those who have access to the internet. Hardly legally binding stuff.

In any case Doncaster station has many enthusiasts there constantly and I'm sure the Duty Managers there would be aware of that anyway.

I'd say common sense applies and the quoted guidelines are only really applicable if you're staying at some remote station that doesn't normally get many enthusiasts and you're going to be there a while and staff may then wonder what you're doing there. I'm sure no-one is suggesting that every visitor to Donny should queue up to announce their presense ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
AJP said:

:shock: There's that many enthusiasts in YRK? Shocking! Usually the station's full of business travellers in FC, IME!

Expect Cardiff, Caerphilly, Ystrad Mynach (a hotspot for photographers there!), Bargoed and Rhymney to be similarly packed out on Sunday...You've been warned...Not to mention the linesides!

Must add that when I went to Donny to do some spotting whilst awaiting my connection onto the TPX service to Barnetby, there wasn't many people out, a few more came out when 222102 was out on test mind.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Not to my memory, on 12th March it might have been this year. I can't remember where the notepad with the sightings in it is, then I could give you a more precise date and time. It was early afternoon when I was there, on a sunny afternoon too.

Not that apparently, the calendar reports it to be a Saturday! I recall it being a Thursday, as I needed a SVR Doncaster to Leeds that evening, to return to Donny the next morning (went mainly to get numbers, avoid going home to Swansea and do the 0710 off Leeds). Got to have been in March.

So where were you lot eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.