• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steam Autumn Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
I missed the higher reduction yesterday due to other things going on. Any thoughts on if there will be any other special deals or if it will be just 50% for the next few days?

I missed the last sale and haven't acquired much for RW recently so I am considering a few things.

Quick question - what is the best option of London - Brighton and S&C?

Also considering the 444, 70 (yep, shoot me now :P) and 67 (though probably not all in one go)

chris89

Established Member
I missed the higher reduction yesterday due to other things going on. Any thoughts on if there will be any other special deals or if it will be just 50% for the next few days?

I missed the last sale and haven't acquired much for RW recently so I am considering a few things.

Quick question - what is the best option of London - Brighton and S&C?

Also considering the 444, 70 (yep, shoot me now :P) and 67 (though probably not all in one go)

Depends what you prefer for the routes honestly :)

Both are great but the S&C is slightly better in my pov. But with L2B you do get the lovely dual voltage 375/377.

Both routes though i do have scenarios up for :P

The 70 is worth it as get the TEA and MJA wagons as well as well as the FEA's that are included with the Class 86 pack.

Chris

N Levers

Guys does anyone know if the five pound curries version includes london to brighton. The pic shows a 377 at battersea but...

Bungle73

On Moderation
Guys does anyone know if the five pound curries version includes london to brighton. The pic shows a 377 at battersea but...

If it's the 2013 version it will, which I doubt if it's only £5.

Last edited:

Darandio

Established Member
It certainly is TS2013 for £5. They have done it with previous versions.

jon91

I'd suggest L2B, as outside of Clapham Junction it is quite a good runner even on the coal-burning laptop I have. However the S&C is very nicely done and gives more options for freight and I daresay I've been spending most of my time enjoying driving the Cl142 up and down the line. (Never thought I'd write enjoy and Class 142 in the same sentence, only in video games... :D )

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
How is the 142? I've been thinking of getting it at some point .

chris89

Established Member
How is the 142? I've been thinking of getting it at some point .

Fantastic. One of the best DMU's that are avaible to me.

Its nice and fun to drive and the limited use i've had on them sounds like them. The Northern ones have a Dot Matrix destionation pannels (That use a code based system for them) and all others have a Rollerblind.

Chris

CC 72100

Established Member
Fantastic. One of the best DMU's that are avaible to me.

Its nice and fun to drive and the limited use i've had on them sounds like them. The Northern ones have a Dot Matrix destionation pannels (That use a code based system for them) and all others have a Rollerblind.

Chris

Where is a 142 available from? It does sound tempting!

jon91

It's a really nice little unit actually. Has both the roller destination blinds and dot-matrix display models, it also has the blue cab variants modelled too with the right liveries. Sounds are pretty much spot on too with the exhaust rattle and flange squeal whenever the wheels encounter anything more than a gentle curve in the track.

The manual is here, which is pretty comprehensive: http://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=111

[Edit] Darnit, too slow...

Last edited:

CC 72100

Established Member
Thanks both for the links :)

Really does look very tempting; I'll check out some the videos of it.

For anyone who does have it, was the download easy? Like the JT products which aren't available on steam download nice an easy and requires no work from me to get it up and running on the game.

jon91

You have to run the installer and that's it. There's also a branding pack available from the AP website you buy the addon from.

It's also Quick Drive enabled too, so no faffing about creating a scenario to get to drive it.

Bungle73

On Moderation
I've bought a few add ons from ASPH and I did find that the installer doesn't automatically detect where you have the game installed, like products from other suppliers do. I don't have mine installed in the default location, so I had to manually change it.

Crossover

Established Member
Thanks for the suggestions - in the end I went for both L2B and S&C. Not had much chance to play yet, but hopefully will do in due course. The 377 seems very nippy from what I can tell so far (and is probably a more comfortable experience than actually sitting on one :P)

Bungle73

On Moderation
Don't forget that the 377 has cruise control. :)

With this sale, and the previous one, I've bought a ton of DLC from steam. :D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Oh and RSC announced on their FB page yesterday that there's going to be an update to Train Sim 2013 released tonight.

Darandio

Established Member
The 390 has it.

Also, the aforementioned update has been available since this morning.

jon91

Have a nosey in the railworks part of your Steam folder and the date modified field will be today's date if you've had the update.

Bungle73

On Moderation
Have a nosey in the railworks part of your Steam folder and the date modified field will be today's date if you've had the update.

Thanks. I did that and it had today's date, but I think that was because I'd just run the game. I verified the cache and it found over 400 files that needed to be downloaded - I guess that was the update. I think so because afterwards I noticed some changes.

They still haven't fixed a number of very obvious bugs though. The ones that still exist that I've found so far are:

No horn sound in 377 cab

Tap changer run-down bug in the Class 86 that comes with WCML-N

You can't use the cab brake controls in the class 47. This affects other locos too, but I can't remember which ones there are so haven't tested them yet.

jon91

The Class 86 bug is quite an old one and to be honest I don't see it getting fixed. Just do what I did and wait for a Steam sale and buy the Class 86 pack for cheap.

The no horn sound in the 377 cab is bizarre as I can hear the depot whistle from in the cab, I'd imagine its a simple fix heck I might even have a nosey at the files myself and see if I can bodge a fix.

Bungle73

On Moderation
The Class 86 bug is quite an old one and to be honest I don't see it getting fixed. Just do what I did and wait for a Steam sale and buy the Class 86 pack for cheap.

The no horn sound in the 377 cab is bizarre as I can hear the depot whistle from in the cab, I'd imagine its a simple fix heck I might even have a nosey at the files myself and see if I can bodge a fix.

It wouldn't take them 2 seconds to fix the 86 bug. I can do it myself - it's just a case of editing a file and moving a zero from one place to another - but it requires doing again after verifying the cache or an update.

I've already got the 86 pack. ;)

The thing with the 377 horn is before TS 2013 came out it worked fine!

jon91

RSC move in mysterious ways it seems. I'd imagine that the bug with the 377's horn is something to do with the new EFX system but surely to christ they've known about it for long enough to include a fix in this latest update.

Status
Not open for further replies.