• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steam on 14/07/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcd

I have seen 2 unexpected steam workings today
1, Unidentified steam with coaches and 47401 on the rear near Langley Mills. Any idea what it was?

2, 70013 at Lincoln Station it seemed to be empty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Teaboy1

2. That would have been the Lincoln Imp Railtour, Kings X to Lincoln & return! If it was empty when you saw it I would hesitate to propose it was been turned ready to run south again on the return leg. Between 13h00 and 16h45 then most passenger would be in the city somewhere.

dcd

I can now see the Lincoln Imp on uksteam info. Must be going blind as I did not spot it at the time.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

D1009

Established Member
1, Unidentified steam with coaches and 47401 on the rear near Langley Mills. Any idea what it was?

That would have been on the Midland Railway Centre line which joins the main line at Codnor Park Jn, north of Langley Mill. 47401 was a guest loco for their 1960s weekend. Don't know which of their steam engines it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.