• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steam Railway in Banking Advert and Summer Wine

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
1. I saw a re run of Last of the Summer Wine a week or so ago. It was the one where Clegg, Foggy & Compo visited the so called reopening of a local branch line, it was the KWVR, (Quite away from Holmfirth where most of the series was filmed, so not really local) My Question is, does anyone know which location was used was used in the station scenes, with the mayor and brass band playing etc. It seemed to be a through station and not in a built up area? Could it have been Oakworth.

2. Lloyds bank seem to be running a TV Advert using a steam train, does anyone know where that may have been filmed.

Many thanks, take care, stay well and safe.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Master Cutler

The Lloyds Bank locomotive is The Flying Scotsman on the East Lancs Railway.
Not sure about Last of the Summer Wine.

Peter C

Established Member
2. Lloyds bank seem to be running a TV Advert using a steam train, does anyone know where that may have been filmed.
Apologies but I've done some looking and couldn't find anything about the Last of the Summer Wine bit - I'll keep an eye out for anything though.
In regards to this second point, I found this (similar to what @Master Cutler has posted above):

https://www.facebook.com/ELRPS1987/...-some-of-it-was-filmed-at-i/2737167053221500/
East Lancashire Railway Preservation Society on Facebook said:
You may have noticed Lloyds Bank has a new commercial. Some of it was filmed at Irwell Vale using Flying Scotsman and the ELR Dining Train. This segement was filmed on Wednesday 19th August. In the advert the image is reversed and the train runs from left to right. This picture is courtesy of Pat Kilner and shows one of the scenes from the advert. The advert was first aired on the 19th September.

I hope this helps.

-Peter :)

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
This short YouTube clip is of the making of the 2020 Lloyds Bank ad, and includes (at about 1 minute in) brief footage of locomotive 60103. The beach scene was shot at Beadnell in Northumberland apparently.

Ashley Hill

Established Member
The Last Of The Summer Wine episode is called 'Full Steam Behind' and does appear to be Oakworth. It's on YouTube. It features the trio's antics with a GWR (exLT) pannier tank. I doubt you could film such a thing today.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
The Last Of The Summer Wine episode is called 'Full Steam Behind' and does appear to be Oakworth. It's on YouTube. It features the trio's antics with a GWR (exLT) pannier tank. I doubt you could film such a thing today.
Thank you, I did wonder it was there. No Elf & Safetly would no doubt debar filming like that these days.

9007pinza

The Lloyds Bank locomotive is The Flying Scotsman on the East Lancs Railway.
Not sure about Last of the Summer Wine.
Anyone know why the latest version of the Lloyds bank TV advert does not include the Flying Scotsman?. The advert is very similar to the previous version, IE the running horse on the beach.

John Webb

Established Member
Anyone know why the latest version of the Lloyds bank TV advert does not include the Flying Scotsman?. The advert is very similar to the previous version, IE the running horse on the beach.
There ia a tendency after several weeks of showing an advert to shorten it; I assume in this case it's easier to remove a complete section rather than try and shorten every section.

Status
Not open for further replies.