• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steam Train at Clapham Junction (Up Southern Lines) at 15:28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Driver2B

Hi all,

There was a green steam locomotive hauling brown and cream coaches at Clapham Junction on the Southern lines in the Up direction today at 15:28.

I didn't catch the name/number of the locomotive and am interested what it was.

If anybody could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Hi all,

There was a green steam locomotive hauling brown and cream coaches at Clapham Junction on the Southern lines in the Up direction today at 15:28.

I didn't catch the name/number of the locomotive and am interested what it was.

If anybody could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks.
Looks like Clan Line (ie 35028) on the Belmond British Pullman "The Golden Age of Travel by Steam" trip via the Surrey Hills.
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:C05970/2021-06-04/detailed
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:C05974/2021-06-04/detailed

https://www.belmond.com/trains/euro...&departureDate=2021-06-04&packageCode=PSLUNCH

THE GOLDEN AGE OF TRAVEL BY STEAM​

YOUR PACKAGE​

New search
Departs at 11:40
Fri, 4 Jun 2021 from London Victoria
Arrives at 16:10
Fri, 4 Jun 2021 to London Victoria
Price from $
£455 per passenger
Make a booking
Lose yourself in the romance and magic of 1920s train travel on this spectacular steam-hauled journey.

Take photographs of the immaculate, gleaming steam locomotive while it is stationary at London Victoria Station. Then it is time to board the famous British Pullman train for a fine-dining experience like no other. Your liveried steward will help settle you at your table, which is set with fine linen and bespoke tableware. Take time to admire the magnificent marquetry and art deco flourishes of your vintage carriage. As your gastronomic journey through the Surrey Hills begins, your steward will take care of all your needs. Sip champagne, marvelling at the ever-changing views through the window and the plumes of steam trailing through the sky. Read about the train’s history and imagine the famous passengers who once enjoyed its opulent interiors. Before long, the first delicious course of Chef’s seasonal lunch is served, which is sure to bring an even bigger smile to your face.

Driver2B

Thank you very much for your quick response!
Much appreciated and helpful!
:)

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Clan Line on the Pullmans in 3rd Rail land just looks perfectly at home whenever I see a photo of it (often from @Deepgreen ;)).

Status
Not open for further replies.