• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steam Train Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCH117X

Established Member
New 10 part series starts Thurs 17 Oct 8pm on Yesterday (Freeview 25, Freesat 159, Sky 155, Virgin 129) - first episode covers the Great Central, South Devon and Festiniog/Welsh Highland

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SCH117X

Established Member
Apologies, I was quoting the channels giving in the TV listings I was looking at - plainly out of date.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
I think Yesterday moved from 19 to 25 a few months back.

Seemed a tolerably good programme, didn't notice more than a dozen or so errors...

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Not out of date. After the recent retune, Yesterday moved from 19 to 25.

Hmmm... So I'll have to do yet another retune on both TVs then?

I don't recall seeing any warnings that a retune was needed - it usually says in a big black message across the bottom of the screen a few weeks in advanced... Have they stopped doing that?

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think Yesterday moved from 19 to 25 a few months back.

Seemed a tolerably good programme, didn't notice more than a dozen or so errors...
Is it worth a watch Edwin?
(A dozen or so errors. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad in this day and age...)

Spamcan81

Hmmm... So I'll have to do yet another retune on both TVs then?

I don't recall seeing any warnings that a retune was needed - it usually says in a big black message across the bottom of the screen a few weeks in advanced... Have they stopped doing that?

There was a message broadcast on Yesterday that it would be moving.

xotGD

Established Member
Caught the last 10 minutes. Seemed to be fairly interesting.

ExRes

Established Member
While admitting to not being particularly interested in steam, I did quite enjoy the first episode, no silly 'beat the clock' situations, no wannabee stars making fools of themselves and no screeching narrator, beat the Train Truckers style of show hands down

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
While admitting to not being particularly interested in steam, I did quite enjoy the first episode, no silly 'beat the clock' situations, no wannabee stars making fools of themselves and no screeching narrator, beat the Train Truckers style of show hands down
You’ve convinced me to give it a go now...

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Didn't you watch it you silly boy? part of it was on the South Devon ....... :rolleyes:
That’ll be our neck of the woods then.
Don’t tell anyone but I haven’t actually got a telly these days...

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
No worry, my lips are sealed, don't you have any neighbours with thin curtains?
My neighbour hasn’t even got curtains. But then she’s always watching programs about gardening.
I’ll have to buy one of those ‘work on anything’ remote controls and stand outside like I got in trouble for that other time.

ExRes

Established Member
My neighbour hasn’t even got curtains. But then she’s always watching programs about gardening.
I’ll have to buy one of those ‘work on anything’ remote controls and stand outside like I got in trouble for that other time.

:lol:

I'll be keeping an eye on Devon Live to see if you make the headlines

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
The numerous mentions to "Bury Street" station (sic) on the East Lancs Railway in last week's episode were a bit grating.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
The numerous mentions to "Bury Street" station (sic) on the East Lancs Railway in last week's episode were a bit grating.
Indeed. Repeatedly when the "Bury Bolton Street" nameboards were clearly visible on screen at the same time! A rotten bit of scriptwriting, and I would think it ruined it as a memento for the couple whose wedding was featured. The business with the champagne flutes has to go down as one of the most feeble bits of false jeopardy ever (for those that weren't watching, could they find enough in the cupboard or one of the buffet cars or would they have to - shock horror - buy some?).

ExRes

Established Member
Overall I think the series has been quite watchable so far, the items which I would regard as poor, and the TV companies don't seem to be able to do without, were the opening of the new station and the wedding, both of these just reverted to the fill in rubbish complete with wannabee clowns that we've increasingly seen in all TV series and which are getting seriously on the nerves, I'll continue to watch the series hoping that the genuine content outweighs the froth, if the froth continues to grow then this series will be consigned to the same bin as Train Truckers

Status
Not open for further replies.