Steeple Grange Light Railway & EVR DMU Gala March 17th

Discussion in 'Railtours & Preservation' started by MK Tom, 14 Mar 2019 at 18:24.

1. MK Tom

MK Tom Established Member

Given I'll be attending the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway for their DMU gala on Sunday 17 March, I reached out to the Steeple Grange Light Railway to see if they'd be willing to run a service that day for those of us travelling from afar who'd like to do both railways in one.

Somewhat to my surprise, they agreed! They've said they'll run an on-demand service on the Sunday, departing whenever there are passengers.

The SGLR station is a short walk from Ravenstor on the EVR along the old Cromford & High Peak line, so weather permitting it should be relatively easy and also very interesting to combine the two lines together.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. geoffk

geoffk Member

Steeple Grange has an ex-BR loco, ZM32, which was at Horwich Works for eight years. It's a friendly line and, even if this loco is not running, you will probably be able to inspect it.

4. gazthomas

gazthomas Established Member

Good result!

5. Ralph Ayres

Ralph Ayres Member

Popped up to see them yesterday and was made very welcome. Thanks for the tip.

6. xc170

xc170 Member

I attended the DMU gala at Wirkswoth on Saturday, decent, well organised event and always a pleasure to ride on a Derby Lightweight.

My only minor criticism, volunteers in hi-vis coats and vests everywhere, determined to get in every photo taken!

I've got one photo from the day I'm happy with, not a hi-vis in sight!

[​IMG]Idridgehay to Stansted Airport by Adam P, on Flickr

7. STEVIEBOY1

STEVIEBOY1 Established Member

Good photo (and Interesting new rail route :D )