• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steeple Grange Light Railway & EVR DMU Gala March 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK Tom

Established Member
Given I'll be attending the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway for their DMU gala on Sunday 17 March, I reached out to the Steeple Grange Light Railway to see if they'd be willing to run a service that day for those of us travelling from afar who'd like to do both railways in one.

Somewhat to my surprise, they agreed! They've said they'll run an on-demand service on the Sunday, departing whenever there are passengers.

The SGLR station is a short walk from Ravenstor on the EVR along the old Cromford & High Peak line, so weather permitting it should be relatively easy and also very interesting to combine the two lines together.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

geoffk

Established Member
Steeple Grange has an ex-BR loco, ZM32, which was at Horwich Works for eight years. It's a friendly line and, even if this loco is not running, you will probably be able to inspect it.

gazthomas

Established Member
Given I'll be attending the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway for their DMU gala on Sunday 17 March, I reached out to the Steeple Grange Light Railway to see if they'd be willing to run a service that day for those of us travelling from afar who'd like to do both railways in one.

Somewhat to my surprise, they agreed! They've said they'll run an on-demand service on the Sunday, departing whenever there are passengers.

The SGLR station is a short walk from Ravenstor on the EVR along the old Cromford & High Peak line, so weather permitting it should be relatively easy and also very interesting to combine the two lines together.
Good result!

xc170

I attended the DMU gala at Wirkswoth on Saturday, decent, well organised event and always a pleasure to ride on a Derby Lightweight.

My only minor criticism, volunteers in hi-vis coats and vests everywhere, determined to get in every photo taken!

I've got one photo from the day I'm happy with, not a hi-vis in sight!

Idridgehay to Stansted Airport by Adam P, on Flickr

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I attended the DMU gala at Wirkswoth on Saturday, decent, well organised event and always a pleasure to ride on a Derby Lightweight.

My only minor criticism, volunteers in hi-vis coats and vests everywhere, determined to get in every photo taken!

I've got one photo from the day I'm happy with, not a hi-vis in sight!

Idridgehay to Stansted Airport by Adam P, on Flickr

Good photo (and Interesting new rail route :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.