• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stepladders

Status
Not open for further replies.

EE Type 3

Established Member
Not really photography, but has something to lend to it.

I need a new stepladder for photograhy, as usually most of my locations either have a high bridge side, or a large hedge. I need to buy a new one basically. I'm looking for a sturdy, compact ladder that gives a fair bit of height, but at the same time is cheap :lol:

Any links to sites I can have a gander at?

Cheers
Dave

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Thread tidied. Keep it sensible and on topic please

Coxster

Established Member
I hear the 'JL-5872' is a good one. Very sturdy and fairly compact...

16CSVT2700

Established Member
The Stoatladder 3000 is quite a good model.. doyens of the product are Jonathan Lewis and Mr Squibbs ;)

Mike McCormac

Call me controversial, but instead of a step ladder, how about getting right down low on your knees, or even lie right down and use a wide angle lens? If its good enough for Top Gear its good enough for me!

Mike McCormac

Loads of people use steps to get a bit higher. That's cool. So my point is try being different and get down low. That way you don't need any steps, but often something to lie on is handy...!

Craig

Established Member
The original poster wanted stoatstepladders to see over high bridges and hedges, so getting low down probably wouldn't help :lol:

I take you point about being different though.

Snapper

Established Member
The original poster wanted stoatstepladders to see over high bridges and hedges, so getting low down probably wouldn't help :lol:

There's nowt wrong with trying that different perspective! - although I can't see that lying down on a bridge will do you much good unless you like shots of brickwork.

But really, any cheap lightweight stepladder from a DIY shop will do. You don't need anything fancy.

theblackwatch

Established Member

He also asked the question almost 10 months ago, so the chances are he has already bought some or found a solution.

Rule 1 l. You should not 'dig up' an old thread unless you have something worthwhile to post in it

EE Type 3

Established Member
There's nowt wrong with trying that different perspective! - although I can't see that lying down on a bridge will do you much good unless you like shots of brickwork.

But really, any cheap lightweight stepladder from a DIY shop will do. You don't need anything fancy.

A £14.99 one from Nettos is grand!! Sturdy too! And I can carry it on one finger 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.