• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steve Bell's "If..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Looks like this week he's being somewhat sympathetic towards spotters.

I'm going to take a bit of a guess that he'll be taking a swipe at the misapplication of anti-terror laws, given the url, but given who it is, it could go anywhere... three more in the series, tomorrow Wednesday and Thursday.

(and yes, according to him, diesel trains go "boggler boggler boggler". It's how he's long done them)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Waddon

Nice to see a cartoon featuring a train enthusiast where the joke is not at their expense...

ungreat

Being called "Terrorpaedo" aint exactly not at rail enthusiast's expense either..but good cartoon

Capybara

Being called "Terrorpaedo" aint exactly not at rail enthusiast's expense either..but good cartoon

The joke is on the authorities and the officer making the arrest. He's trying to apprehend the photo booth today.

'boggler, boggler'

43021HST

Established Member
I,m a big Steve Bell fan, Steve Bell is also a train enthusiast thats why hes not making a joke at the train spotters expense but if it was the Sun or Daily Mail it would take the pee out of both with special emphisis on the train spotter.

Pumbaa

Established Member
The comment in the third segment is the best in a while!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Reminds me of the time there was a protest in the summer in Birmingham and the Met came up to give the local force a hand. About 10 Police were suddenly taken ill and part of the city was cordoned off, they thought it was some kind of terror attack. In the end, they discovered that it was all to do with the sarnies provided for the visiting Police staff :lol:

djw1981

Established Member
The behaviour of the Met has always been adversarial.

In 2005 at the G8 / Make Poverty History protests in Edinburgh, the local Police were appalled by the behaviour of some of the Met / West Midlands Police and reminded them that they Police by the consent of the public and that normal citizens should be allowed to pass and the right to protest was allowed if controlled. Onbly when a crime was committed could they corral or kettle the protestors.

williamn

I think he has used 'boggler boggler' for other things too. I think it was the sounds Boris Johnston supporters made back in the mayoral race... Or something like that...

eezypeazy

I am not usually a Guardian reader (except on Mondays when I'm looking for a job...)

But I must admit, this time, Steve Bell's got it spot on...

eezypeazy

jopsuk

Veteran Member
I think he has used 'boggler boggler' for other things too. I think it was the sounds Boris Johnston supporters made back in the mayoral race... Or something like that...

Routemasters- ie other old rattly diesels.

Status
Not open for further replies.