• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steve Irwin Has Died

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

Don't you start Craig please? You at least don't rant and rave. NOBODY deserves to die. NOBODY wants to die. But Steve Irwin like the firemen and soldiers and anyone else with a dangerous job knows that you do not DELIBERATELY put yourself in a position of danger. If you do you are either not thinking straight or are a damn fool. HE GOT TOO CLOSE and that is all.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

H

HR2

What comes will come, and when it comes I'll deal with it in as level headed as possible. That tone you have adopted is very threatening and it's plainly obvious that life has not been very kind to you.....in many ways.....though I'm hoping for more. If you're allowed the opinion that Steve Irwin deserved it, then I believe I am entitled to the opinion that you deserve it too. You are only denying what you have said now that some people have shown everybody else what you are like; a disgusting, perverse, right wing fascist old man who has no friends so has to go on meets with children.

Live with it!

Never mind lad. You'll grow up one day. I have taken what life has thrown at me so far. I'll take what it has in store. As for your personal attacks. Well you carry on. They are the tactics of the desperate. As for my politics that is my affair.

H

HR2

I'm more interested in who promised the risk free life where everyone gets everything right, there's no war, there no plane accidents, and you never catch anything by eating take always. Also everyone is a winner, we all have loads of money, a beautiful, loyal, caring partner that is superb at everything, when we drive our cars no one else gets in the way, the trains run on time, and there are limitless resources in a finite world with cheap goods and services permanently. That’s funny because conditioning is such by the education, media, and even some parents that this is obtainable and by god it’s an entitlement. No more losers at the school sports day eh?

The point is life IS about risk, more losers than winners and learning, there’s no other reason for being here.

EXACTLY!

H

HR2

Oh so now you're agreeing that Steve Irwin was in the right are you?

You poor lad. You'd make a good Doctor Goebbels. You just cannot get it into your thick head that OPINION IS PERSONAL. Wether it be mine or yours or anyone else's. EVERYONE is entitled to one wether it matches your view or not is of no consquence. So have a nice sleep in your playpen and stop ranting.

Craig

Established Member
Don't you start Craig please?
I'm not starting anything, just having a reasoned debate.

NOBODY deserves to die.
That's not what you said yesterday, I'll refresh your memory:-

Sodding good job too. Bloke was a prat of the first order. c*nt used to cuddle crocodiles and prance about like an excitable 4 year old. 'Oooh Mummy, look what I 've got?' Now he knows that you can't treat wildlife like cuddly toys. Got what he deserved.

But Steve Irwin like the firemen and soldiers and anyone else with a dangerous job knows that you do not DELIBERATELY put yourself in a position of danger.
Exactly. If it's not deliberate then it's an accident :roll:

bunnahabhain

Established Member
You poor lad. You'd make a good Doctor Goebbels. You just cannot get it into your thick head that OPINION IS PERSONAL. Wether it be mine or yours or anyone else's. EVERYONE is entitled to one wether it matches your view or not is of no consquence. So have a nice sleep in your playpen and stop ranting.

Thanks for a little insight into your little mind. I think it's time for you to go empty your Foley Catheter old man.

H

HR2

I'm not starting anything, just having a reasoned debate. As I am trying to do Craig.

That's not what you said yesterday, I'll refresh your memory:-

Yes I did say that I I meant he got what he deserved from going too close to the creature. Not that he deserved to die for his profession or sins.

Exactly. If it's not deliberate then it's an accident :roll:

Well he wouldn't do it on purpose would he? But that does not detract from the fact that he still was too close to the fish. The man had too much enthusiasm for his own good.

ChrisA

What has this thread turned into?! Whether you liked him or not Steve's dead and now there is two children fatherless and a young widow left to pick up the pieces. Yes, Steve's passion could been seen as selfish but he had been doing it years before he got married and had responsibilties.

We've all crosed the road. We all know the closer the cars are when we step of the pavement the more chance we have of getting hit. The more we cross the road the more we get used to it. We dont think about our families everytime we cross a road. Steve, like thousands of people who die on the roads every year, merely made a bad judgement. He's human like the rest of us. HR2, I dont think we can condemn him for his actions. It was an awful misjudgement. And can we please respect opinions of others? HR2 has a lot of life experience and we all need to respect that. I dont post very often, but i read 3 or 4 times a day and this seems a lively forum and petty disuputes between members just drag it down.

Craig

Established Member
Well he wouldn't do it on purpose would he?
That's what you seem to be saying (when you're not changing your mind).

But that does not detract from the fact that he still was too close to the fish.
People ride these things all the time at sea life centres and the like. Obviously there's a remote chance it could attack them and an even remoter chance of being killed, but that's very unlikely (although not in this case though, sadly).

There's risk involved anything, that's not to say we shouldn't do anything. I was about to go and cook my tea, but perhaps I shouldn't. I might fall and break my neck on the stairs, or the cooker might blow up in my face. I know the risks so if I was injured it'd be my fault.

One of my friends has a harris hawk which I'm looking after this weekend. Should I tell them I can't now in case it goes mental and pecks my eyes out?

bloogrape

this is sad to hear as i had always liked the way he tried showing the world that the most dangerous animals can be close to us with the right attitude.

Best regards Irwin Family.

TheSlash

Established Member
HR2 starts open abuse of Jamie, Jamie responds and Jamie gets his knuckles rapped?
HR2, would you goto Steve Irwin's funeral and say what you've been saying? Theres a difference between personal opinion and disrespecting the dead. You are making hatefull comments and trying to hide them behind the term personal opinion.
What about Moorgate?
What about the Kings Cross fire?
Did the people who lost they're lives in these tragedies deserve to die because they understood the risk of travelling by tube :?:

16CSVT2700

Established Member
ENOUGH!

A man has died and all you people can do is argue about it!!!!

Have some respect! I personally couldn't care less if you like him or not, he died (accidently) doing something he enjoyed.. he DID NOT "deserve" to die!

How would you like it if your dad/brother/wife/sister/whatever was killed? You wouldn't like people taking the mick and saying things like "he/she deserved to die". Exactly, you wouldn't.

Have some bloody respect!
I'm sorry for the rant but it seems that some on here doesn't seem to grasp the meaning of "theres a time and a place". This is neither the time nor the place!

TheSlash

Established Member
With respect, there are underlying issues that lead to certain people thinking they can post whatever they like, quite extremely in this case.

H

HR2

ENOUGH! How would you like it if your dad/brother/wife/sister/whatever was killed? You wouldn't like people taking the mick and saying things like "he/she deserved to die". Exactly, you wouldn't.

I had a relative who was messing with the electrics in his home and got killed. He deserved to die too. Because he got too close once again. You have to take the consequense of your actions whatever you do. It's natural law that that occurs.

Met Driver

Established Member
With respect, there are underlying issues that lead to certain people thinking they can post whatever they like, quite extremely in this case.

You've displayed that very mentality on countless occasions Steve, and now the tide has turned you're using it as a means to support your argument. Completely and utterly hypocritical.

FWIW I think both sides are equally guilty here, although your description of events is rather inaccurate. If you examine the thread closely, you'll see that it was in fact Jamie who dished out the verbals first, not HR2. Some of the remarks are utterly vile and completely uncalled for, seemingly put across simply because HR2's opinion differs to that of the majority. That is not on, regardless of how HR2 worded his argument.

On the other hand, HR2's posts were bound to attract negative attention, and I totally agree that some have been worded in a disrespectful manner. Therefore I ask that the member concerned, and the rest of you, read and re-read your posts before hitting "submit", especially when discussing a sensitive topic such as the death of another person. Both sides in this debate need to be more considerate.

H

HR2

It's freedom of speech which you are your buddies elsewhere are trying to eradicated with all your PC rubbish.

Simming

I also see this another

Hes another good man whoes died, along with fred dibnah, ronnie barker, and so many other greats in these past few years...

and yet maggie thatcher is still alive?

when will the bitch die?

devon_metro

Established Member
Thing is though, If somebody did play with electrics it does not mean he deserved to die. He was clearly just a bit silly doing that. he may have deserved a shock but not death. Nobody deserves death, with the exeption of certain people.

Can we please now refer to 50149s post please?

ChrisM

I will miss his shows as i found him entertaining and educational as did my kids.
He may have gone over the top with his acting skills but he knew what he was doing and his shows were well thought out and educational to many kids and indeed schools who visited his zoo or who watched his programs.
Missed by many and agree that people should have a little respect towards his family.

class 313

Established Member
Well, love him or hate him, he died when he was doing somthing he loved doing. Yes he did have it coming and im not suprised that it has not happernd before. He will be missed by all his fans and very much so by his family.

Now i think we should move along as theres no point crying over spilt milk.

Guinness

Established Member
The way I see it is the man has a left a family behinds, 2 kids and a wife. He was a loving father and yet we have some members of this forum to find it worth of saying "its his own fault" and "he deserves to die".

His death was tragic. I've been through a situation like that and I know how it feels to lose a loved one but I'd preferably not talk about it. Can you imagine what his family and friends are going through right now and a few of you are talking about he deserved to die. Sickening to see such comments.

Let's see how you like it. Your times will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.