• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steve McLaren Gets England Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
Oh deary me, a Middlesborough manager managing England!

I suppose he's not done bad with Middlesborough though! He should be an ok manager with time!

Guinness

Established Member
I'm unsure at that one guys. Martin O'Neil was my favourite to get it..

At least he's English. :)

The Snap

Established Member
TheSlash said:
I'd heard a rumor David Moyes was offered it

Nah, that's b***ocks! :p I think it was Big Phil, Big Sam, Curbs and McLaren who were the favourites.

Dave A

I'm glad an English guy got it, I think its good morale for the team and the supporters like it. However, I would of waited until after Arsenal lose the Champions League :p, and offer it to Arsene Wenger (spelling*shrugs*) as I think he'd do a great job!

ChrisM

Good to see a English manager although i'm not a fan of his but can't see England ever winning anything because despite the players being the best we have :confused: they never seem to gel as a team.

The Snap

Established Member
ChrisM said:
Good to see a English manager although i'm not a fan of his but can't see England ever winning anything because despite the players being the best we have :confused: they never seem to gel as a team.

I agree entirley! :rolleyes:

Dave A

I dunno about that. I think we are cheated out of many wins, like Eurovision... OK, poor excuse :p ;)

Who needs a team anyway when we have Wayne Rooney! Oh wait, we don't... :(

devon_metro

Established Member
David said:
I dunno about that. I think we are cheated out of many wins, like Eurovision... OK, poor excuse :p ;)

Who needs a team anyway when we have Wayne Rooney! Oh wait, we don't... :(

And to think; the BBC were getting their 'beep' machine all prepared for his anger on the pitch :p

traveller1030

Was the REAL 'obvious choice' given his current involvement with the England set-up, but I think Eriksson and Grip are prats. Theo Walcott, WTF's that about? Geezer is good (saw him in the 04/05 season FA Youth Cup Semi-Final (may have been the quarters, have forgotten now), but compared to the likes of Darren Bent, Jermain (spit) Defoe and Marvellous Marlon Harewood's records? 'Go'way' would have been the first thing I said. Only four strikers, two of them crocked? Real smart management.

Anyway this is about the new, not the old. I look forward to some boring tactics and Stewart Downing being a permanent fixture on the left wing. Best of luck, think I might just go and support Outer Mongolia. Glad Brooking didn't try to poach Pardew again.

Status
Not open for further replies.