• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stock on the motorway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rescars

Anyone know where three deep level tube stock coaches on separate lowloaders were going, when spotted heading north on the M40 near High Wycombe at around 18.30 this evening?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rescars

Normal corporate livery I think. I couldn't look too thoroughly - I was driving in the opposite direction!

Nym

Established Member
Given the current roadworks on the M1 and the ability of the A43 or A45/A46/M69 to accept heavy traffic, I'd drive that way with a truck. Especially coming from Northolt Junction on the A40.

Funny they're still not using the "Amazing new shed at Acton that will be ready in 9 months" (Said by a senior TfL director in 2016) yet.

Lewlew

Given the current roadworks on the M1 and the ability of the A43 or A45/A46/M69 to accept heavy traffic, I'd drive that way with a truck. Especially coming from Northolt Junction on the A40.

Funny they're still not using the "Amazing new shed at Acton that will be ready in 9 months" (Said by a senior TfL director in 2016) yet.
The workshop at Acton opened this week. Some initial 92s went up to Derby as prototypes

Nym

Established Member
Only 5 years after work started. The director responsible for that statement no longer works for LUL or TfL.

Next challenge for TfL with that is finding the 430 operatives and 25 testers to staff the place, especially when they furloughed all of their testers during COVID, a fair few of which were already looking for work elsewhere anyway.

Sorry, off topic.

Back onto it, Bombardier have been using the RTC LORAM EDU by the looks of things parked out on the apron on the RTC recently. Seen some 92TS in the yard when travelling past recently.

Rescars

Many thank all. Certainly looked like 1992 stock - and in need of some care and love!

Status
Not open for further replies.