• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stockport to Foxton Sundays dep 1922 query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakerbloke

I'm looking to book this train on a Sunday in December. I see that I arrive in Foxton 2324 doubling back from Cambridge. I realise that my ticket will say Stockport to Foxton. I know that FCC revenue staff are very strict on tickets and look to prosecute. Am I going to have problems doubling back from Cambridge? I can't see the existence of this easement.

I actually want to depart from Disley getting the same service from Stockport and is the same price, however, now the double back from Cambridge is no longer available and instead the arrival time at Foxton us 0015. Why is this?

Am I better getting Disley to Cambridge then purchasing a single to Foxton?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

philjo

Established Member
What day are you travelling - Sundays tend to have alterations due to engineering works so the times can vary from week to week.

If I look for sunday 9 Dec (Stockport to Foxton), the East Coast site shows a 23:24 arrival at Foxton. This journey actually involves changing at Doncaster, Peterborough and Ely so no doubling back is involved.
It shows the same times from Stockport via Doncaster/Peterborough/Ely for Disley to Foxton.

Bakerbloke

The route I have been given is Stockport to London then across to KX then to Cambridge and then to Foxton.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I am using the VT mobile app.

philjo

Established Member
For Sundays 9 and 16 Dec if I put in "via Euston" the EC site says you would get the 22:06 from Kings cross and arrive at Foxton at 23:14 so you don't travel via Cambridge in that case.

Bakerbloke

Looking at the EC website the 1922 Stockport to Foxton arrives at 2324 and doubles back from Cambridge. Same on the VT website.

Fast forward to January 6th when i am doing the journey again the 1922 arrives 2324 via London and double back at Cambridge. In this case the 2206 Kings Cross to Foxton does not even exist.

I need to get the 1922 departing Stockport as it connects with the service from Buxton.

So is the doubling back from Cambridge really allowed?
Why is it when I put my starting station as Disley this doubling back option is no longer valid?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Is it an Advance ticket you are looking at? If so, routeing for Advance tickets do not always follow the NRG and as long as you travel according to your itinerary, you will be fine.

If you are not looking at an Advance ticket, many people on here believe that if you are sold a ticket on the basis of a particular itinerary, the itinerary should be honoured. However officially according to the NRG, you are not permitted to double-back through Cambridge if going via London.

Bakerbloke

Yes it is an advance ticket with seat reservations on the Stockport to Euston part. I have now bought the ticket and will print a copy of the itinery.

Status
Not open for further replies.