• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stoke on trent freight lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I have just come across an old map showing a freight line from Stoke on Trent to Leek Brook Junction where the line bifurcates to Cauldon on one line and to what could be a sand complex at Oakamoor on the other line.

I am not well up on freight lines, but these seem to be quite a good distance in length. I would be pleased to know which railway constructed this line and what the useage is now.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Opened in 1849 by the North Staffordshire Railway. The line to Oakamoor sand quarry was closed in 1988 and the line to Cauldon Lowe quary closed in 1989.

The section from Leekbrook Junction to Glebe Street Junction is expected to be open by June 2012, with freight trains operated by Moorlands & City railway.

http://unofficial-mcrailway.weebly.com/leekbrook.html

Thank you for this most informative answer and the link information.

I think my wife and I will visit the area soon, as it looks to be most interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.