• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stoke-on-Trent to Kidderminster - No Return Fares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainfan344

Established Member
Hello, I am looking at travelling from Stoke-on-Trent to Kidderminster on Thursday 19th May, Friday 20th May and Saturday 21st May. But when I put the dates into a booking engine, I get no return fares available! Can anyone tell me why this is?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
There is a Anytime Day return available.

Are you travelling there and back over 3 days?

What times are you leaving Kiddiminster and returning from Stoke-On-Trent?

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Hello, I am looking at travelling from Stoke-on-Trent to Kidderminster on Thursday 19th May, Friday 20th May and Saturday 21st May. But when I put the dates into a booking engine, I get no return fares available! Can anyone tell me why this is?

Assuming that you mean outbound travel on the 19th and return travel on the 21st, the only period return available is an Off-Peak Return, which has a 2V restriction, i.e. no travel before 9.30am. There is no anytime return available that allows return travel on a different date, so if you wish to travel outbound before 9.30am you will need to buy two singles.

The list of available fares is here.

However, you could split tickets at Stafford. Buy singles between Stoke and Stafford, from where both Off-Peak and Anytime returns are available to Kidderminster.

Trainfan344

Established Member
I'm looking at doing the same journey, 3 days in a row. Depending on costs.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
I'm looking at doing the same journey, 3 days in a row. Depending on costs.

In which case, you could split at Stafford anyway. The following tickets are valid at any time:

Code:
Stoke-On-Trent to Stafford
Anytime Day Return	£6.80	
Route: ANY PERMITTED
Valid at any time

Stafford to Kidderminster
Anytime Day Return	£15.50	
Valid at any time

It's possible to get it 60p cheaper if your travel beyond Stafford is off-peak (or on the Saturday), using the following splits, but make sure your trains stop at the stations where you change tickets:

Code:
Stoke-On-Trent to Stafford
Anytime Day Return	£6.80	
Valid at any time

Stafford to Sandwell & Dudley
Off-Peak Day Return	£8.30	
Restriction JE applies

Sandwell & Dudley to Cradley Heath
Off-Peak Day Return	£3.10	
Route: NOT VIA BIRMNGHM