• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stoke to Exeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorisWiffWaff

On the 17th December there are very reasonable advance fares to Exeter from Stoke (£56 to £63), however, to give myself more flexibility with standard off peak returns what places are best to split?

I need to be in Exeter by 1400 and plan on leaving after 1730.

I will be travelling alone and have no railcard.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mikeg

Established Member
A split at Bristol brings it down to £75.60, but introduces more restrictions. However, since you are travelling on a Saturday this shouldn't bother you. The Stoke-on-Trent to Exeter St. Davids tickets are routed 'Bristol' anyway so no big change to routeing either.

Edit: You could also have Bristol-Taunton and Taunton-Exeter St. Davids day returns for £11+£10 = £21, saving a further £3. These are off peak day returns.

Last edited:

bnm

Established Member
Stoke-on-Trent - Birmingham New Street Off Peak Day Return (CDR) £14.20
Birmingham New Street - Cheltenham Spa CDR £20.50
Cheltenham Spa - Bristol Temple Meads CDR £7.80
Bristol Temple Meads - Taunton CDR £11.00
Taunton - Exeter St Davids CDR £10.00

Total £63.50

sheff1

Established Member
Stoke-on-Trent - Birmingham New Street Off Peak Day Return (CDR) £14.20
Birmingham New Street - Cheltenham Spa CDR £20.50
Cheltenham Spa - Bristol Temple Meads CDR £7.80
Bristol Temple Meads - Taunton CDR £11.00
Taunton - Exeter St Davids CDR £10.00

Total £63.50

Getting a Stoke - Wolverhampton CDR @ £12.10 and a Wolverhampton - Cheltenham Off Peak Return @ £21.10 will shave another £1.50 off the total.

Status
Not open for further replies.