• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stolen bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony263

Established Member
Slightly off topic but I have just had this email sent to me as have some people I know who have confirmed it is genuine.

At some point between lunchtime on Thursday 15th March 2012 and lunchtime on Saturday 17th March 2012, preserved Optare Delta G254JYG was stolen from the farm building it was stored in (in the York area). This vehicle is owned by Transport Yorkshire Preservation Group Ltd, and was formerly FirstGroup 60018 and is the only surviving Optare Delta that was delivered to Yorkshire Rider.

If anyone has seen this vehicle since Thursday, please could they share this information with us. If desired, anonymous reports can be made at http://www.typg.org.uk clicking 'contact us'. We have reason to believe it now may be elsewhere in the country (potentially at a scrapyard, either licenced or unlicenced). Alternatively, please dial 101 (15p flat rate to call from any phone including mobiles), ask for North Yorkshire Police, quote 'inc number 121200 44085' and give whatever information you can.

A photo of the bus taken on Thursday is at http://www.flickr.com/photos/22064102@N07/6994030395/in/photostream - this is the last time we saw her.

Any information even if vague would be appreciated. Thank you in anticipation

Regards
James Fairchild
Director
Transport Yorkshire Preservation Group Ltd
http://www.typg.org.uk

So anyone out and about please keep an eye out for this particular bus although why someone would want to steal it I have no idea.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
A sad story to hear - I cannot help but wonder if some opportunist low-life has taken her to a scrapyard somewhere to make a quick buck :(

DaveHarries

Established Member
Have spread this via. Facebook as I have a few enthusiast friends among my Facebook contacts. Very best of luck in getting the Delta back.

Dave

anthony263

Established Member
A sad story to hear - I cannot help but wonder if some opportunist low-life has taken her to a scrapyard somewhere to make a quick buck :(

I would have hoped word has been passed around to all the local strap dealers.

Hopefully the bus will be found in one piece and not burned out.

Finally speaking of scrap it seems 1 of First Cymru's older Marshal darts which had some corrosion damage and was a bit of a scrappy has turned up in service in Bristol (This did get a few laughs when word got around). Maybe coming to Bath soon IVO lol

DaveHarries

Established Member
Finally speaking of scrap it seems 1 of First Cymru's older Marshal darts which had some corrosion damage and was a bit of a scrappy has turned up in service in Bristol (This did get a few laughs when word got around). Maybe coming to Bath soon IVO lol
The vehicle in question was at Lawrence Hill depot today and is 42572, P572 BTH. I understand it has not been in service and isn't staying.

Dave

anthony263

Established Member
The vehicle in question was at Lawrence Hill depot today and is 42572, P572 BTH. I understand it has not been in service and isn't staying.

Dave

Ok thanks, seems someone has made an error as I was told it was being used in service.

Hopefully it wont be coming back to us

BestWestern

Established Member
To go back to the Delta, was she in the condition shown in that photo at the time of theft, or complete and roadworthy(ish)? I'd have thought driving a half dismantled bus any distance would be likely to attract a fair bit of attention, unless it was loaded onto a lorry or something, but that seems a rather extreme length to go to.

Let's hope that stealing large vehicles from storage locations isn't the latest fad amongst the scumbag metal thief community. Very bad news for the preservation movement if it is. Moral of the story being always have your vehicles immobilised and your storage secured, no matter how secluded and inconspicuous you might think it is :|

Status
Not open for further replies.