• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stolen photos/watermarking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I've had one of my photos stolen on Flickr, have reported the theft, just wondering if anyone knows a good (ideally free) watermarking tool/program? :|

Thanks
Ryan

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

StripeyNick

Good question. I've been wondering the same thing as I don't have nor know how to use things like Adobe. (which is where I presume you can do it.)

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
I use Faststone Image Viewer to add a watermark and resize all my pics beforr uploading.

Ultimately watermarks are not that useful. If they are discrete they can be cropped out and if they are too large then your photos can look silly and no point uploading. I find that resizing is the most useful tool. Will not stop people copying them but will at least stop them being of any commercial value.

Temple Meads

Established Member
I use Faststone Image Viewer to add a watermark and resize all my pics beforr uploading.

Ultimately watermarks are not that useful. If they are discrete they can be cropped out and if they are too large then your photos can look silly and no point uploading. I find that resizing is the most useful tool. Will not stop people copying them but will at least stop them being of any commercial value.

Gotta agree with this, as a viewer watermarks are annoying, and (for me anyway) can spoil a great picture, as a photographer I don't bother with watermarks or resizing as my pictures aren't really good enough for it to matter if someone copies them.

richw

Veteran Member
I use Serif Photoplus starter edition which was a free download from serif. Can pay an upgrade fee if you want extra tools.

starrymarkb

Established Member
Hidden Watermarks are available too which allow you to prove ownership.

Stolen pictures are a big bugbear of mine (typically for an ex-pirate!) especially when watermarks are cropped.

One of my fiends often finds her pictures in strange fetish groups, what annoys her more is the theft, she would have no problem with allowing the original to be added to the group if she was asked.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
One of my fiends often finds her pictures in strange fetish groups, what annoys her more is the theft, she would have no problem with allowing the original to be added to the group if she was asked.

Fetish groups? Too much information already!

errr... fiends?!:lol:

( I made the exact same typo on another forum a couple of years ago...:roll: )

starrymarkb

Established Member
They are mostly "modest dressing" or long hair groups. It's surprising what does turn people on ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.