• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stops served by National Express/Megabus/ Citylink that have no other buses/coaches stopping at them

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbtc

Veteran Member
Are there many stops served by National Express/Megabus/ Citylink that have no other buses/coaches stopping at them?

(excluding stops specifically inside bus/coach stations - for arguments sake, say we ignore any stop that has a "number" or "letter" - e.g. at Sheffield Interchange, E1/E2/E3/E4/E5/E6 are for the use of coaches and no scheduled bus services use them)

I think the closest to here is Tintwistle (near Woodhead on the A628), where the National Express services from Sheffield to Manchester serve (350) - there's a Youth Hostel so presumably that justifies National Express stopping there.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MoleStation

In Newcastle, Megabus drops off/picks up on John Dobson Street, which is a kind of random place in the city.

mm333

The southbound 339 stops outside Lincoln station. According to Bustimes, the only other service booked there is in the Lincolnshire Show shuttle bus for 2 days in June. The northbound 339 stops at a well-used bus stance on the other side of the road.

And there's a number of Megabuses that call at Woolley Edge services just off the M1.

Last edited:

transmanche

Established Member
In Newcastle, Megabus drops off/picks up on John Dobson Street, which is a kind of random place in the city.
Next to the library and the stop is not served by any other buses.

Megabus used to serve a stop by Central Station until that stop was removed during the station 'gateway' refurbishment. I guess Megabus won't pay to use the Coach Station on St James Boulevard, so by the library is as good a place as any I guess.

Wirewiper

Great Western Road in Paignton. Because the tri-axles that are used on many National Express journeys (especially the 501) are too long to use the nose-in stands at the Bus Station.

Last edited:

Quakkerillo

Dover Eastern Docks; only coaches to/from Europe, and National Express London-Dover and London-Deal from what I know.

transmanche

Established Member
There are a few of these dotted around London. This one, in Stratford, is served by National Express route A9 (and a competitor's A21) between London and Stansted Airport.
32683419_-hxWp9zInTmV_Gb3WToBtnaG5oJPPFgP3zByEs9t86I.jpg

There used to be other places across London with National-Express-only coach stops, such as North Finchley. But when National Express introduced their Rapide services, coaches no longer served these suburban stops.

Martin2012

For several years Megabus services to and from UWE have served a stop at the North entrance as opposed to the main bus station.

The only other bus service to use that stop is Service 680 between Yate and Filton which is a term time only service. That previously served the main bus station but the stop changed a few years ago. I think the reason being the service was getting held up in traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.