• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stories??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Met Driver

Established Member
metrocammel said:
Regarding how modern stock stops in good places, I was on a pendo a few months ago - the Chiltern bubble meet (the first time ive been on a pendo out of Euston) and it was acclerating quite fast, then under the "tunnel" outside Euston there was a very hard braking, and I actually fell into the vestibule door as i was walkin down the train. This was due to someone pulling the emergency stop, but it wasnt a good place to stop at all, blocking many platforms, with no part of the train in the platform.
James.

I'm guessing the driver didn't kick the plunger in time to stop the brakes kicking in.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
metrocammel said:
...it wasnt a good place to stop at all....
I guess it's down to the driver where they stop? However are you sure there wasn't another reason for the sudden stop?

Galvanize

I have quite a few silly stories!

To Name a few...

... GEx 73 Finale

Me and DLA365's Trip to Brighton (and hove)

A Series of unfortunate events (Mid and North Wales Day ranger)

If you want to hear any of them, just post here!

metrocammel

yorkie said:
metrocammel said:
...it wasnt a good place to stop at all....
I guess it's down to the driver where they stop? However are you sure there wasn't another reason for the sudden stop?

No the guard, (who accepted a CHILD £7 London - Brum route High Wycombe, because he didnt know how to excess it into an Any Permitted) said someone had pulled the emergency brake "handle" in one of the vestibules, and I actually saw the guard resetting the handle.

Galvanize

OK Jim, you asked for it!!!

After eating at Victoria Pizza hut, it was over to the the station, to see a smartly embelished 73202 bringing in the train formation on diesel power. Then it was time for a million and one phots of the train, including interior shots, Locos, GLV etc. The 2 cars behind 73208 were for staff/press and invited guests (my arse), while the other 5 were for passengers. Sitting down with fellow 73 "Bashers" at the other end of the carriage from Jim and his Dad, we soon departed. After Clapham Junction, David stretch, the Managing director came on the PA, with a special announcment about the 73s, mentioning who was driving, etc. Before long, we arrived at Gatwick, and I took some shots. Then, the BBC Crew asked if they could take a picture of me taking a picture :?

Back on the train, for departure at 13:50, David made the same announcment again, and we were sppeding through east croydon, and at Clapham Junction, we turned left at Pouparts junction, to go via Stewarts Lane to eventually appear on Victoria's most un photogenic platform. Number 8.

So there you have it.

I woke up next morning to discover I was on the BBC webpage!

joy54.gen

Galvanize said:
I woke up next morning to discover I was on the BBC webpage!

You got in the BBCs way so much there wasn't a picture they had without you, they had to put you up.

Tom B

Established Member
It's considered rude for photographers to ask that people move out the way to get a good shot, why are the BBC different?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Cockfosters said:
It's considered rude for photographers to ask that people move out the way to get a good shot, why are the BBC different?
I'm told it didn't happen like that ;)

He even played musical chairs and sat in every seat that was in range of someone with a camera, apparently. (Example here) :lol:

Galvanize

I got up for another reason, I cannot remember why I was getting up from my seat.

LOL about musical chairs, I didn't do that, and there wasn't any music playing!

does travelling all the way down to the west country many times up to april 1997 just to get 117305 :D for haulage count as a funny story :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.