• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Strange destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentish Paul

Just been checking for my next trip to Castle Cary from AFK (Ashford International). Used the GWR website as i do not like the southeastern one since it changed.
After putting in all the basics the next screen with the overall view shows the destination as Glastonbury (Castle Cary)! Only when putting the cursor on a particular ticket or train does it revert to plain Castle Cary.
Are they getting ready for the festival already?
NB, tickets and trains as expected.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dgl

Established Member
Yes probably for festival goers' as I have yet to see Glastonbury when it should be Castle Cary, although I have not checked Castle Cary on the new booking system.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
The only reason why I didn't buy a shop/home in Castle Cary back in 1987 was that I couldn't face all that Glastonbury nonsense.

causton

Established Member
I bet they have people who say they can't find the place otherwise, doesn't surprise me as I did hear someone at Euston say they couldn't find the Warner Brothers Studio Tour London on the ticket machine, being surprised to hear that a) you go there by bus b) train stations don't sell the bus tickets c) it's not in London d) they had Oyster cards with zones 1-6 travelcards, so they can top up £3.40 and use them to get to the appropriate station!

Deerfold

Veteran Member
It's not that unreasonable. Railway stations do sell tickets for every bus in Watford *except* the dedicated one to Harry Potter Studios.

Status
Not open for further replies.