• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Strange FCC Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdwarr

From today's website:

Overhead wire problems are causing disruption near Gordon Hill.

Because of this, there are delays of up to 45 minutes between Alexandra Palace and Hertford North. These delays are expected to last until approximately 15:30.

Passengers are advised where possible to travel to Stevenage and board a southbound service via Welwyn Garden City back along the Hertford branch to complete your journey.

It's the last paragraph that left me confused :|

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

calc7

Established Member
Assume they meant to say travel to Stevenage via WGC and then back to Hertford North!

Jamp

Yes, they were advising going up to Stevenage via WGC then back through Hertford North. Pretty annoying for me as I'd just come into KX on an East Coast train which had called at Stevenage! Their alternative suggestion (by announcement at Finsbury Park) was for Enfield to take the tube to Seven Sisters then connect to Greater Anglia up to Enfield Town. I took that option then walked to my detination of Grange Park. Unfortunately there was a 'police incident' affecting Greater Anglia so it wasn't a fast option... Only later did I find out that they were putting on rail replacement buses from Ally Pally to Hertford, stange that wasn't announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.