• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Strange. National Rail Journey Planner

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzanneparis

I am getting very odd results from the national rail journey planner.

Tomorrow, Monday, 8am ish, Leicester to Kew Bridge.
Thursday 1st September, 12 noon ish, Kew Bridge to Leicester.

2 Questions:
Out from L to KB why is it only showing trains afer 21:00 and that is a bus service???

Presumably as tomorrow is a bank holiday i can use an off peak return on any outward service?

This is the link
http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/servi...tomorrow/0800/dep/010916/1200/dep#outwardJump
(but you have to click on earlier trains a couple of times)

Thanks for any help

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Out from L to KB why is it only showing trains afer 21:00 and that is a bus service???
I assume that's a glitch as other sources show trains running.
Presumably as tomorrow is a bank holiday i can use an off peak return on any outward service?
It would depend on the specific ticket you hold, but yes generally speaking Off Peak tickets are valid at any time on a bank holiday.

suzanneparis

Thanks najaB.

I tried yesterday and it was showing the same information. Is there any way of informing NRE of a glitch in the system?

Also, presumably the trains are running from L to KB tomorrow morning? Rather than a bus rail replacement ?

Thanks again
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just looked on virgin trains and it is showing a warning yellow triangle next to the times. But i can't quite understand the problem.

najaB

Veteran Member
Also, presumably the trains are running from L to KB tomorrow morning? Rather than a bus rail replacement ?
The reason for the yellow exclamation mark is because the leg from Clapham Junction to Barnes is a rail replacement bus.

suzanneparis

Aha thank you najaB.

Would that perhaps have caused the problems with national rail enquiries?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
And can I use the tube from St P to South Ealing instead??

najaB

Veteran Member
And can I use the tube from St P to South Ealing instead??
I don't think so with a ticket routed to Kew Bridge with a cross-London routing at that only entitles you to travel in Zone 1.

But you could get a ticket to Zone 1-3 if avoiding the bus is a priority - the price was only a little bit dearer when I looked (£66 v £58) - £50 on Advance tickets (no railcard discount applied).

suzanneparis

Thanks najaB.

In that case I think it may be easier for me to just get a L to St P return then use my oyster card on the pic line to south ealing.

Thanks for your kind help.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
The way the timetables work out tomorrow it appears to be quicker to go via Victoria to get a train to Clapham Junction, where you can pick up the rail replacement bus to Barnes, and NRE seems to think that isn't a permitted route - so it is coming up with no itineraries at all. If you tell it specifically that you want to go via London Waterloo, it comes up with plenty of itineraries. FastJP also comes up with a good selection of itineraries: http://www.fastjp.com/#journeys?orig=LEI&dest=KWB&odate=20160829&otime=0800&maxres=10&maxch=5

If you want to avoid the bus and desperately needed to get to Kew Bridge station itself you could take one of the Reading or Windsor trains from Waterloo to Feltham, and change there for a train to Kew Bridge via Hounslow. This isn't a permitted route either, but I'd imagine there might be some relaxation of normal routeing rules due to the line closure between Clapham Junction and Barnes.

However just going to South Ealing instead, given that is convenient for you, and completely avoiding all the disruption and replacement buses on SWT is obviously going to be the easiest option, as others have said above.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Do the Oyster option and go to South Ealing or a nearby tube station. It is going to be quicker, less hassle, and more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.