• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Strange Units on South Eastern Metals

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Just got on the Victoria - Ashford stopper.

Walked past one Electrostar in Southern two tone livery and on to a Thameslink liveried one. Not something I've had before so quite interesting.

Not as exciting as having a phase 1 CIG on the South East (which sadly I never had) but a change indeed.

My "Thameslink" unit is also in Southern upholstery.

Is this the London Bridge remodeling mixing everything up?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class377/5

Established Member
Just got on the Victoria - Ashford stopper.

Walked past one Electrostar in Southern two tone livery and on to a Thameslink liveried one. Not something I've had before so quite interesting.

Not as exciting as having a phase 1 CIG on the South East (which sadly I never had) but a change indeed.

My "Thameslink" unit is also in Southern upholstery.

Is this the London Bridge remodeling mixing everything up?

There is a couple of threads about this. Southeastern are borrowing 6x 377s from Thameslink.

EDIT:

See this thread for more http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=109551

Last edited:

Domh245

Established Member
Both the 377/5s and the 387s have got southern spec interiors, although from different eras, which is most noticeable in the chair design, but also in the colour of the grab poles.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Both the 377/5s and the 387s have got southern spec interiors, although from different eras, which is most noticeable in the chair design, but also in the colour of the grab poles.

Ah cheers. The Southern colour scheme looks nicer, though I can't say it feels more comfortable.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
There is a couple of threads about this. Southeastern are borrowing 6x 377s from Thameslink.

EDIT:

See this thread for more http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=109551

Ah cheers. Lost track when they started giving Southern units numbers instead of three letter codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.